The extension is working in GMS 2 with windows(YYC), but i can't get it to work with Ubuntu, it says it cant find FMODGMS.so.
A downloadable GameMaker extension for Windows and Linux
A GameMaker: Studio and GameMaker Studio 2 extension that provides GML bindings to the FMOD Studio low-level API. Compatible with Windows and Linux games.
Beta: 0.8.0 - FMOD Studio 1.09.01 - Windows, Linux
NOTE: This extension only works with GameMaker Studio 2 if you export your game as an executable and run it outside of GMS2. For some reason, it does not work properly if the game is run within GMS2 itself (i.e. during testing).
- Load and play a wide variety of audio formats not natively supported by GameMaker:Studio (e.g. MP3, MIDI, MOD, S3M, XM, IT, etc.).
- Add custom loop points to sounds. This allows, for example, a music track to have an intro section that can seamlessly transition into an infinitely looping main section without having to break them up into two separate files.
- Dynamically change to volume, playback frequency and relative pitch of a sound.
- Analyze an audio stream using Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) and obtain its spectrum data.
- Support for DSP effects such as flange, reverb and filters.
- Extract tag information from audio files (e.g. ID3 tags from MP3s and Vorbis tags from OGGs).
- Supports various audio output modes (e.g. ASIO, WASAPI, ALSA).
How to get a game using FMODGMS running on Ubuntu
1) Open up the Terminal and install OpenAL:
sudo apt-get install libopenal1
This is required to run any game made with GameMaker:Studio. Currently, there is no way to disable OpenAL in favour of using FMOD Studio just by itself.
2) Download FMOD Studio Programmer's API and Low Level Programmer API 1.09 for Linux from the FMOD website. Extract the contents of the tar file to a folder.
3) If you have a previous version of FMOD Studio installed, remove the old libraries typing into the Terminal:
cd /usr/local/lib/ sudo rm libfmod*
4) Copy the x86 libraries to /usr/local/lib using the Terminal:
cd /path/to/fmodstudioapi108XXlinux/api/lowlevel/lib/x86 sudo cp -a libfmod* /usr/local/lib
5) Add and export the library path:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
6) Run the game to verify that FMODGMS is working with it.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
edit: I didn't see there was a sample project inside the src folder. That should have been clearer! Thank you for your work! :) After a bit of debugging I got a song to play!
<old post edited>
Does this let you import and playback events made in Fmod Studio?
I really would love it... can someone confirm if we can load and play Fmod Studio events ?
It keeps crashing for me for some reason
Is the demo program crashing or is the extension crashing your game?
I got a few crashes because I was trying to play a file that was not loaded. The loading failed because the index was incorrect. It turns out that renaming an included file from explorer.mod to explorer and then back to explorer.mod in game maker makes its name bogus. So I just renamed it back to simply explorer and it worked.
Brilliant stuff ^_^