Brilliant stuff ^_^
A downloadable GameMaker extension for Windows and Linux
A GameMaker: Studio extension that provides GML bindings to the FMOD Studio low-level API. Compatible with Windows and Linux games.
- Load and play a wide variety of audio formats not natively supported by GameMaker:Studio (e.g. MP3, MIDI, MOD, S3M, XM, IT, etc.).
- Add custom loop points to sounds. This allows, for example, a music track to have an intro section that can seamlessly transition into an infinitely looping main section without having to break them up into two separate files.
- Dynamically change to volume, playback frequency and relative pitch of a sound.
- Analyze an audio stream using Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) and obtain its spectrum data.
- Extract tag information from audio files (e.g. ID3 tags from MP3s and Vorbis tags from OGGs).
How to get a game using FMODGMS running on Ubuntu
1) Open up the Terminal and install OpenAL:
sudo apt-get install libopenal1
This is required to run any game made with GameMaker:Studio. Currently, there is no way to disable OpenAL in favour of using FMOD Studio just by itself.
2) Download FMOD Studio Programmer's API and Low Level Programmer API 1.08 for Linux from the FMOD website. Extract the contents of the tar file to a folder.
3) Copy the x86 libraries to /usr/local/lib using the Terminal:
cd /path/to/fmodstudioapi108XXlinux/api/lowlevel/lib/x86 sudo cp libfmod* /usr/local/lib
4) Add and export the library path:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
5) Run the game to verify that FMODGMS is working with it.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.