this is such a great idea i love it
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The beast tribe of Gloo is causing trouble in town and it's up to Rubba to stop them. He isn't really trained in the art of direct magical combat, but he has knowledge of photographic counter-spells. His camera allows him to capture the magic missiles cast by his enemies and shoot them right back.
Default Mappings for Keyboard - Controller
- [↑] -- Up Arrow - Left Stick/D-pad Up
- [↓] -- Down Arrow - Left Stick/D-pad Down
- [←] -- Left Arrow - Left Stick/D-pad Left
- [→] -- Right Arrow - Left Stick/D-pad Right
-  -- X - X
-  -- C - A
- Move -- [↑][↓][←][→]
- Capture Enemy Magic -- Press (and hold) 
- Return Fire -- 
- Flash Counter -- Press  (while in near a casting enemy)
- Open Chest -- Press  (when close to a chest)
- Fullscreen toggle -- F4
- Cycle colour paletttes -- F5
- Disable colour palettes -- F6
Lessons in Photographic Counter-Magic
When an enemy shoots a magic missile at you, press X at the right time to capture it into your camera. Each captured projectile gives you two shots of the same element. Press C to shoot the projectile back at the enemy. You can only stockpile eight shots of one type of element at a time.
There are four different elemental types: lightning, leaf, fire, and water. The mages of the beast tribe of Gloo spent countless hours honing their craft in a single element, which leaves them more susceptible to their counter-element. The cycle goes: Leaf → Lightning → Water → Fire → Leaf.
If you're feeling brave, you can press X while standing directly in front of an enemy who is preparing to cast a magic missile to execute a Flash Counter. The sudden bright flash from your camera will startle the enemy into dropping its missile onto its head, inflicting major damage.
What's New in v.1.4.0
- MAJOR FIX FOR MACOS: game should now run properly as a standalone app and should no longer need to be run from within the itch.io client.
- Changed the setting of the 3rd level from Field to Castle.
|Published||Oct 03, 2016|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Oct 10, 2016|
|Tags||2D, Anime, chiptune, Cute, gameboy, GameMaker, GBJam, Pixel Art, Retro|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Interactive tutorial|
- I am Rubba You Are Gloo 1.4.0 released!79 days ago